Saturday 12 March 2011

Dan Dubowitz

Ever since I was very small I have been intrigued and enthralled by abandoned and decaying properties and places. There is something about the feeling of emptiness, the post apocalyptic sense, the silence of buildings that were human made yet have been abandoned. I don't mean the eighteenth century folly designed to be Romantic and beautiful but something a bit more raw.

(Click on photos to see larger scale)
For me, Dan Dubowitz captures exactly this in his photography. They are wonderful



If you are interested in where each one has been taken then check out his website: Civic Works which is a fantastic picture gallery of his various projects. 



Dan Dubowitz trained as an architect, but has since worked on art projects in Glasgow, Manchester and most recently (I think) in Italy looking a Fascist ruins: 





See what I mean?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like...